WORLD VISITOR MAP


Sunday, September 16, 2007

Charity Begins on the Back Porch...


Chilly Sunday morning, 46 degrees as I settle into my second

cup o java.

Signs of the approaching autumn.

(or is it the new ice age on it's way)


I happen to like this time of year,

while others mourn the end of summer,

I welcome the cooler temps and the changing of the guard outdoors

as Jack In The Green makes his winter vacation plans.



I admit that I don't care for the shorter, darker days

of winter but, I do so love to watch the leaves change

and even a good winter blanket of snow.

It won't be long before the old fireplace will see some action.



With the heat wave that most of the country has experienced

, I'll bet there are a few more folks then usual who

welcome the change this year.



This blog went over the 300 visitors mark during

the night. In a weeks time, I think that is

pretty impressive. I'm sure it has plenty to

do with the Adrian Belew reviews, links from/to other

blogs, and my gentle spamming of friends seen and

unseen.


On a serious note, I am sure that I am not the only

one whose' thoughts turn to helping others this time

of year, specifically, Bat Boy...

Bat Boy needs our help, after having such a bad

run in the press with sordid tales, mostly untrue,

Bat Boy is forced to live his days in solitude, shunned

by society, for his perceived penchant towards mischief.


According to Weekly World News, Bat Boy has a chaotic sense of morality. He has been known to steal cars as well as come to the aid of the needy. According to the mythos, the only person who cares about the chiropteran child is Dr. Ron Dillon, who discovered him in a West Virginia cave. At the time of capture, he was two feet tall and weighed nineteen pounds. By February 2001, he was 2' 6". In 2004, he was five feet tall and his weight was unknown.
He sheds his wings every three years, and regenerates a new pair.[2]
During the 1990s Bat Boy is rumored to have tried to escape society's gaze by enrolling in a small liberal arts college in upstate New York under the assumed name of Guy Fledermaus (German for bat). He purportedly graduated with an art degree from the college's "Music Program Zero".
On 27 February 2001, he allegedly attacked a fifth-grader in an Orlando, Florida park. The girl was nearly ripped to shreds.[3] The next day, he endorsed presidential candidate Al Gore.[4]
On 14 August 2003, he announced he was running in the California gubernatorial election.[5]
In October 2005, it was revealed that a boy was saving his money for plastic surgery such that he would then resemble Bat Boy.[6]
In October 2006, Bat Boy was captured on film riding on top of a New York City subway car. Bat Boy was said to be living in the Subway's tunnels during this time. This story was converted into a "documentary" video on the Weekly World News web site. [7]

Please keep a kind thought for Bat Boy and, if you can, leave a little something for him to eat on the back porch when you go to bed tonight.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but if I see "bat boy" on my back porch, I'm smacking him with a newspaper. I like most critters..but this guy seems a little creepy to me! Love your blog tho. Cool stuff!
Kett

blockdog said...

Thank you Kett, not too worry, you won't SEE Bat Boy, he is stealthy. Just don't leave you keys in your car.

Thanks for your comment, I'm hoping for more folks to hop on the comment widget so I know who is passing through and what they think.

block

Mike said...

I want to comment on your eloquent "death of summer" comments. I will raise and drink a Cup of Crimson Wonder to your sentiments! I, too love to see summer pass away with it's bugs and humidity. Bring on the crisp, clean air of Autumn, with it's colorful brush.

Mike