WORLD VISITOR MAP


Thursday, September 20, 2007

What are we doing here ?


Scanning the news this morning I find myself disgusted, disheartened and confused as to what story deserves space here on My Belew Marble, is it Lara Logan's excellent but sad report on our shameful "rebuilding" efforts in Afghanistan ?. the failure to restore Habeas Corpus ?, The Blackwater debacle ?, The failure to pass the Webb amendment ? Britney's latest cry for help ?



I have friends who I know believe as I do and yet have decided to retreat into the cone of silence in an effort to realize peace in a personal space, I can see the logic and benefits to such a move, I have lived there before.



Then you have the contingent who, have bought the nature of the marketing method adopted by our privatized leadership, hook, line and sinker. Government by the corporations, for the corporations.


I struggle to wear the world as a loose garment. I find it difficult to do in the face of what I see going on in the world. All I have is a voice, a small cry in the deep forest.

There was a time, not so long ago, that I knew little to nothing about politics but the great fear of 2001 shook my core and caused me to take a deeper look because something in my heart worried me about what our next moves were going to create.
I still do not claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer by any means but I have enough wits to see many reasons for concern.

How do we turn off the soundbyte nation ? How do we mend a broken heart.
I turn to music to work through my anger, frustrations, blues, etc.
You will find the evidence in my playlist here if you have the time to let
it run.

I do something these days which I have never done in my life, I write my congressional
representatives, though, for the most part, it is a wasted effort here in my state.
People of faith have been hoo dooded into thinking that faith is behind the current
goings on and I am anxious for them to see the light, many are beginning too.
Who would Jesus bomb ?

The signs are falling into place that a similar run up to war with Iran is being pushed forward.

We are in such a precarious situation right now. The financial structure in this country could not handle a devastating blow and yet, it could so easily be shaken with all the continued dipping into the coffers of major countries such as China.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it" -Mark Twain

In the last couple of days congress shot down an opportunity to reinstate habeas corpus and yet found the time to vote yes to a resolution to condemn MoveOn.org
Whatever your thoughts are about the big add Move On placed in the N.Y.T., they are a voice for the people when our own congress will not be.



I guess I am ranting and raving, sorry.

Turn off the spin machine. Put the talking hit machine out of business.
Thank goodness for Jon Stewart and Bill Maher who address the issues
of the day in a frank and investigative manner.
Keith Olbermann is probably the Edward R. Murrow of our day.

“We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.”

“We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”

“No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.”

“A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.”

-Edward R. Murrow

WAKE UP !!!
Use your voice while it is still permissible.

I could go on and on but...
I should get to a lighter post, eh ?

block


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please Block Dog....
WE need some more!

Don't ever stop spreading the word Blockie.... As members of the HUMANE RACE we MUST shout it out to all of the four winds - WE ALL MUST WAKE UP! We are teetering on the edge of a huge precipice! If we do not act, speak up, make a noise, then we are ALL DOOMED! Because our world is infinitely inter-connected - whatever happens in your corner of the world affects us ALL!
I urge you all to visit these 2 blog sites:

http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2007/09/nation-on-edge-of-final-descent-i.html
and
http://www.chris-floyd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1287&Itemid=135

Read what Arthur Silber has to say (the first URL)in his article:- 'A nation on the edge of the final descent - Glimpses of the Horrors to come'.....

Then visit Empire Burlesque blogspot and read their various articles.... then truly think about what you are reading, and how it WILL effect you and yours.....

We must take action - no matter how small we think it may be... We cannot sit on the fence and wait for someone else to step up and fix it.... There is a runaway train on the loose, and if we don't stop it, then we are all in peril.....

http://outofthebelew.blogspot.com